Tuesday 28 July 2015

How to support the woman in your life

Dear diary, i must tell you that my goal is to please Oga and have him declare someday "this is my beloved wife in whom I am well pleased". In return I expect the  unconditional love and support of my Oga.

Do you remember how this our quest for shape began? Yes, it started with my humble self deciding to take up the cause of fitness in order to please Oga. Or isn't this the duty of every woman whose bride price has been fully paid. As Oga is wont to remind me, " I paid in full, even twice sef. Your father is still owing me change". Igbo man. So as a madam whose money has been FULLY paid, my duty is to please Oga. My dear father, God bless his departed soul commanded this of me - that is after he had pocketed the huge sum Oga paid for bride price. He made sure to tell me that he did not intend to refund a kobo from the money given to him in the near future. More importantly, father reminded me that since I was now married I did not have a room in his house anymore, so I must not be sent packing. Even my mother warned me to behave and not steal her given right to come for omugwor when her grandchild was delivered.

So diary when Oga began to complain persistently that I was losing my figure, I had to shape up before I was shipped out. I told myself the truth o. After three children my value in the market has drastically resuced. I no lie. The only challenge though was Acho. Honestly speaking, this my relentless trainer, the mad man Acho was testing my resolve daily. I needed moral support to weather the ordeals of training. Who else to give moral support than Oga for whom I was shapening up. How else to give moral support than by accompanying me at the break of dawn to the training ground. So I made up my mind to enlist Oga in the good fight. Of course so many people had also advised that I include him in this pursuit.

5am this morning I roused him from his deep slumber. I began by appealing to the sleepy man to join with me in chasing the would be destroyers of our marriage, I meant the fat of course. I told him that his support would go a long way in keeping me committed to the exercise program. Hmmmmm... Diary you cannot believe the response I got. Oga looked at me and said, "I serve an unchangeable God he remains the same, today and forever and that is why I have remained unchanged in my body size since I married you". Kai! This is coming from my unbelieving non church attending hubby. "You should come and serve my God" he continued, "you will remain unchanged from day to day" so saying, Oga turned back to his pillow to continue his sleep. Diary I shy. See as the guy use style to dodge exercise.

For me there is no turning back. The Lord is my strength. My resolve stands unmoving like the rock of Gibraltar with or without Oga.
-BELINZE

8 comments:

  1. Lol.....Oga dey dodge exercise but yet he desires a lady with flat tummy and slim figure. Well tell Oga that it goes both ways because you desire a man with six abs and toned muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander abi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander abi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Yes...But no be for early morning exercise biko..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What God has joined let no fat put a sword to. Only d man without pot belly can complain about madam adding weight o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm... unfortunately for madam, Oga's belly is as flat as a board. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has remained 'yours sincerely' weight-wise in the many years we have been together while I seem to be the landlord and caretaker of the weight gain. It is not fair o.

    ReplyDelete