Thursday 30 July 2015

The Truth About Men


Dear diary, I had an interesting conversation with a friend last night. It was an eye opener. I will call my friend Dola. It's not her real name as I want to protect her identity.

Dola called me up late last night to complain about her man. They have been married for a while now but she felt he wasn't  being honest with her he was still keeping secrets. I asked my friend if men could be honest with the women in their lives. She replied that there's probably a small percentage of men that are honest. However they are fighting serious temptations. So I asked, "what kind of temptations"? She said, "To not cheat on their women. To reveal the true source of their success. To let the woman know their networth. To let the woman know if they have a second family or child out of wedlock. Above all to not offend God".
I wondered what Dola meant by saying a lot of men were fighting temptations. In my mind, the scenario she painted was that men were fighting temptations everyday of their lives. That was very deep. 

My friend further explained that a lot of men were fighting battles, some win and many fail. She gave a personal example. On her contact list she has more married men than single men but it's her business line. Somehow these men always get the number. She explained that even when madam is with them they always find a way to get it or come back for it. My friend stated that as a matter of fact, sometimes single ladies are the ones trying to fight the temptation on behalf of the men.

So this leads me back to my question. Can men be honest enough with their women. Can women be honest too? Don't want to believe Dola's experience is the norm. So what is the true nature of man? What are the truths about men? I have drawn up a short list below. 

TRUTHS ABOUT MEN

- What the guy really wants to say:
1. Honey please you really don't need to talk all the time.
2. Just because I don't respond doesn't mean am not listening.
3. Stop reporting me to pastor, does his wife report him to you?
4. I love you just the way you are honey but I really wish your boobs were bigger.
5. Don't know why you are stuck on calling me sweetie pie in front of my friends. They always laugh at me behind your back. Even my mother thinks am a snack.
6. I understand you need to change your dp but please love stop taking selfies in the toilet.
7. Don't always expect me to be nice to your relatives. I actually hate that brother of yours.
8. I don't want indomie again am not junior.
9. Honey stop forming tiredness when it's time to go to bed.
10. Does your mother have to visit all the time? Can't she stay in her husband's house?
11. Don't ask me if Omotola is beautiful if you don't want the answer.
12. I really love you but I can also admire other beautiful girls around. Am not blind.

Are there any other truths out there? 
- Belinze

7 comments:

  1. Yes, men could be honest. There is nothing from my past I can remember keeping as a secret to my wife. In fact, she says I am too honest and open for her to imagine. Well, I made that choice years ago as a teenager; when I saw how keeping secrets ruined marriages and relationships. In my view, and maybe that's because I have hidden nothing, women hide their past and present themselves as who they are not. The truths begin to reveal themselves after the marital knot has been tied - and it is likely the man can do nothing about it. I have seen it in many respects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies not going to like your accusation bro. The thinking is that its the guys who have the most to hide. But what do i know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies not going to like your accusation bro. The thinking is that its the guys who have the most to hide. But what do i know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wife: You didn't tell me about this friend
    Husband : I did. I guess you must have forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop reporting me to your pastor; does his wife report him to you. * Deep* and my take out. I guess am not ripe to bandy words here.... lol. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop reporting me to your pastor; does his wife report him to you. * Deep* and my take out. I guess am not ripe to bandy words here.... lol. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop reporting me to your pastor; does his wife report him to you. * Deep* and my take out. I guess am not ripe to bandy words here.... lol. Well done.

    ReplyDelete